What’s up, everybody, this is your weekly events article for week 8 of classes. I hope you’re doing fine in your studies, keeping that stiff upper lip and all that jazz. Just a reminder that Spring Break officially starts Friday, March 15th at 5:00 PM, so shout out to all you living in the Residence Halls to be ready to leave by that time.
March’s Maker Challenge is to make your initials out of something and bring your creation to the Makerspace during open hours. You can also post a photo of your creation on Twitter or Instagram under #OCCmakers. All entries will be entered into a drawing for an iTunes or Google Play gift card. Deadline is March 29.
Monday, March 11, 2019
9:00 AM, Gordon G130, Work for Res Life Applications Due
- All applications must be turned in by this date.
5:00 PM, Mawhinney M245, Film & Discussion: “A Fantastic Woman”
- Sebastian Lelio’s Oscar-winning Chilean film explores the difficulties facing a transgender woman after losing her lover. Discussion to follow with Professor Gerardo Cumming
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
9:30 AM – 11:30 AM, Ferrante Hall Storer Auditorium, Healthcare Professions Recruitment Event
- Hey healthcare students! Upstate University Hospital is coming to recruit OCC students! Stop by the Career Closet in M182 to borrow a snazzy outfit to really impress your future employer!
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, OCC Main Campus, #FreeIfYouCanFindMe
- Check Instagram for a clue to finding free food or other gifts somewhere on campus!
11:15 AM – 12:15 PM, Mawhinney M345, Presentation: “The Monica Lewinsky Scandal in the Age of #MeToo and #TimesUp”
- Twenty years later, society has a renewed interest in the Clinton impeachment vote and the sex scandal that led to it. Professor Laurel Saiz will explore how Monica Lewinsky’s experience resonates with us today and show how the scandal was even stranger than we thought. Light refreshments will be served.
4:00 PM, OCC Liverpool Commons, OCC @ Liverpool Book Club
- OCC @ Liverpool’s book club is reading Fredrik Backman’s “A Man Called Ove” this month! Join us in our discussion at OCC @ Liverpool!
Friday, March 15, 2019
5 PM, Residence Halls
- This is the time when you must be out of the residence halls and Spring Break officially begins!