What’s up, people, this week is a little light on the events, but don’t let that stop you from attending the Career Fair on Wednesday or the #FreeIfYouCanFindIt on Tuesday. It’s only a few more weeks until Spring Break, so let’s study hard and prepare for midterms!
Remember, February’s Maker Challenge involves the use of toilet paper rolls and tape. Bring your creation to the Makerspace during open hours or share a photo on Twitter or Instagram via #OCCmakers. Hurry, you only have until the 28th to enter the drawing for an iTunes or Google Play gift card!
Also, February is VHS recycling month. Drop off your old, unwanted VHS tapes in the labeled box in Coulter Hall Lobby. Do your part for the environment!
Monday, February 25th, 2019
2:00 PM, Coulter Hall, Crush the Career Fair
- Crush the Career Fair is a “drop by” style event to get students prepared for the February 27th Career Fair here at OCC.
Tuesday, February 26th, 2019
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, OCC Main Campus, #FreeIfYouCanFindMe
- Check Instagram for a clue to finding free food or other gifts somewhere on campus!
Wednesday, February 27th, 2019
10:30 AM – 12:30 PM, SRC Arena, Career Fair
- OCC students and alumni can meet local employers and community organizations regarding available internships, volunteer opportunities, full-time and part-time jobs. Attendees can also receive a professional headshot.
11:00 AM – 1:00 PM, Coulter Hall Lobby, Patient Port Pillow Making Event
- The Office of Student Leadership and Engagement invites you to come down and help them sew little pillows to help cushion a patient’s port when they ride in a car, as the seat belt can be an irritant.
11:15 AM – 12:15 PM, Mawhinney M245, Student Panel Discussion: Building Bridges
- Student driven discussion on the history of music through the lens of African American women leading the way to positive change. Light refreshments will be served. Door prizes available.