Finding a place to park at OCC can be difficult sometimes. During the winter months, we ask that all OCC students follow a few rules. As an incoming or returning student, you’ve got a lot to worry about. We created this guide so (hopefully) finding a place to park won’t be one of your problems for the Spring semester.
Getting Your Pass
Good news! Commuter Parking Permits are free for OCC students. You just need to make sure your car is properly marked so we don’t give you a ticket. Here are the two easy steps you need to take!
- Go to the Lazer Card Office at Student Central in the Gordon Student Center and get a sticker
- Apply the sticker to the rear passenger window on the driver’s side of the vehicle
Now you can park in any lot made available to students!
Winter Parking Rules
No Overnight Parking (Except in the Residence Halls Lot)
OCC does not permit overnight parking in any of its lots (with the exception of the Residence Halls). This lets us keep the parking lots plowed for the daytime hours.
1 Important Thing You Need to Remember
Give Yourself Extra Time to Get a Parking Space
Inevitably, you will have a time where the search for a parking space takes a little longer. You’ll need that extra time to make sure you get one.
Finding Your Spot
1. The lots near the SRC Arena, 13,14 & 15, fill up quickly. Try parking in one of the other lots instead.
2. Don’t park in lots 2, 7, 17, 19, and 22
3. Or any of these spaces.
4. The spaces in parking lot 16 are for students who live in the residence halls only.
If you have any questions on parking, feel free to reach out to student central at 315-498-2000, email@example.com or pop by for a visit. We’ll also respond to your inquiry on social media.