The time to apply for New York State’s Excelsior Scholarship has arrived! The application is now available for the new program which provides the opportunity to attend a college in the SUNY system tuition-free. You can learn more about how the process will work in the latest edition of our podcast, “Higher Ed News You Can Use from Onondaga Community College.” Our guest is Becky Rose, OCC’s Financial Aid Director.
What You Need to Know
- The Excelsior Scholarship application form is available at the website of the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation.
- The deadline to apply is July 21.
- Students must also fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) forms to be eligible for the Excelsior Scholarship.
- It is important for students to be their own advocate and meet all filing deadlines.
- If you have any questions call our Financial Aid office at (315) 498-2291.