Eight OCC faculty and staff members have been named SUNY Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence winners. The system-level honors acknowledge and provide recognition for consistently superior professional achievement and encourage the ongoing pursuit of excellence. The program underscores SUNY’s commitment to sustaining intellectual vibrancy, advancing the boundaries of knowledge, providing the highest quality of instruction and serving the public good. Through these awards, SUNY publicly proclaims its pride in the accomplishment and personal dedication of its instructional faculty, librarians and professional staff across its campuses. Following is a list of OCC’s winners by category:
Excellence in Teaching
- Richard McLain, Professor, History. McLain has been serving OCC students since 2005. He lives in Syracuse.
- Selma Moore, Professor, Music. Moore began teaching at the College in 1976. She lives in Onondaga Hill.
- Leanne Waterman, Professor, Nursing. Waterman joined the faculty in 1998. She is a 1982 graduate of OCC’s Nursing program. Waterman lives in South Onondaga.
Excellence in Faculty Service
- Nina Tamrowski, Professor, Political Science. Tamrowski has been serving students since 1991. She lives in Liverpool.
Excellence in Classified Service
- Elise Murphy, Librarians’ Assistant, Coulter Library. Murphy has worked at the College since 1998. She lives in Liverpool.
Excellence in Professional Service
- Cathleen Dotterer, Executive Director of Housing & Residence Life, OCC Housing Development Corporation. Dotterer began working at OCC in 2003. She lives in Syracuse.
- Drake Harrison, Director, Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program. Harrison has been serving students since 1989. He lives in Syracuse.
- Sally Luton, Assistant Director, Student Accounts. Luton joined the College in 2002. She lives in Onondaga.